In the fall, AAUW Marin raises money for two local college scholarship awards:
- for a re-entry or non-traditional entry woman student seeking to obtain a four-year degree from Dominican University of California, and
- for a graduating College of Marin woman accepted for entry into a BA or BS degree program at another college or university.
2016 Scholarship Recipients
Each winner received $3000 from AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund.
Laura Tennant is an Adult Degree Completion student at Dominican, aged 34, and majoring in Psychology.
Arleen Dias is our College of Marin scholarship. Arleen is graduating from COM and transferring to Sacramento State in January 2017 where she plans to major in Sociology.
These scholarships are awarded based on criteria established by AAUW Marin, including financial need, demonstrated academic excellence, pursuit of a four-year degree, and domicile in Marin County. A list of scholarship recipients since 2002 is available here.
Our local scholarship fund-raising endeavor is a joint effort of the AAUW Marin branch and the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund. The AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization established in 2002 to focus and enhance AAUW Marin’s local scholarship fund-raising efforts, facilitate management and oversight of the funds donated for scholarships and to provide donors the opportunity of a receiving a tax deduction for their donations.
- Funds raised for the Dominican student are donated through the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund to the AAUW Marin Ann Ruane Lubamersky Scholarship endowed by the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund at Dominican University. Learn about Ann Ruane Lubamersky (now deceased) for whom the Dominican scholarship is named here.
- Funds raised for the College of Marin student are donated through the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund and its donor designated fund managed by the Marin Community Foundation. Read more about the history of the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund here.
Scholarship Money Details
Scholarships are paid from a combination of interest earned on invested funds and current fund-raising. The AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund have established a goal of raising $50,000 in endowed or restricted principal for each scholarship.
The totals in each scholarship fund, as of August 2016:
- Dominican University scholarship fund: $45,900
- College of Marin scholarship fund: $46,000
YOU can help us reach our goal
Help us fulfill our goal and our commitment to women’s education. Donations are actively solicited during our annual fall campaign, holiday luncheon and silent auction and other fall fund-raising activities, but donations are welcome anytime.
Donations to AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund
to the full extent provided by law.
Donate all year round with AmazonSmile!
AmazonSmile gives you another simple way to contribute to the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund. AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund.
Just register at smile.amazon.com and select the “AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund” from the drop-down list as the charity to receive donations from Amazon via your purchases. Then start shopping!
For details about AmazonSmile please contact Elaine Marevich at
For more information about our local scholarships or the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund, please contact Margy Eller, AAUW Marin Scholarship Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles of the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund
- Bylaws of the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund
- AAUW Affiliate Agreement
- Board of Directors of the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund
Tax Exemption Documents