Our Fall Fundraising Campaign is on now!
In the fall, AAUW Marin raises money for local college scholarships:
- for re-entry or non-traditional entry woman student(s) seeking to obtain a four-year degree from Dominican University of California, and
- for College of Marin student(s) enrolled in the transfer program to a BA or BS degree program at another college or university.
In 2021, thanks to member donations and activities, and grants from Bank of Marin and the Bon Air Center, we awarded $6,000 in scholarships to Dominican University students and $6,000 in scholarships ($1,000 each) to six students at College of Marin. Funds were also donated to send three Dominican University women to NCCWSL, AAUW’s National Conference for College Women Student Leaders. (NCCWSL was held virtually in 2021.)
Scholarships are awarded based on criteria established by AAUW Marin, including financial need, demonstrated academic excellence, pursuit of a four-year degree, and domicile in Marin County.
Our local scholarship fund-raising endeavor is a joint effort of the AAUW Marin branch and the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund. The AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund was established in 2002 to focus and enhance AAUW Marin’s local scholarship fund-raising efforts, facilitate management and oversight of the funds donated for scholarships, and to provide donors the opportunity of a receiving a tax deduction for their donations.
- Funds raised for the Dominican students are donated through the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund to the AAUW Marin Ann Ruane Lubamersky Scholarship endowed by the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund at Dominican University. Learn about Ann Ruane Lubamersky (now deceased) for whom the Dominican scholarship is named here.
- Funds raised for the College of Marin students are donated through the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund and its donor designated fund managed by the Marin Community Foundation.
- The AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) California non-profit corporation – Tax ID# 01-0755779.
- Read more about the history of the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund here.
YOU can help us reach our goals
Help us fulfill our goals and our commitment to women’s education. Donations are actively solicited during our annual fall campaign, holiday luncheon and silent auction and other fall fund-raising activities, but donations are welcome anytime. To donate to the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund by debit or credit card, please use the big DONATE button above. For cash or check donations, use the following form:
Donations to the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund are tax deductible to the full extent provided by law.
Donate all year round with AmazonSmile!
AmazonSmile gives you another simple way to contribute to the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund. AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund.
Just register at smile.amazon.com and select the “AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund” from the drop-down list as the charity to receive donations from Amazon via your purchases. Then start shopping!
For details about AmazonSmile please contact Elaine Marevich at
For more information about our local scholarships or the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund, please contact Angela Nuckles, AAUW Marin Scholarship Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Articles of the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund
- Bylaws of the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund
- AAUW Affiliate Agreement 2018
- AAUW Affiliate Agreement 2014
- Board of Directors of the AAUW Marin Scholarship Fund
Tax Exemption Documents